Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So close.. yet... so far....

I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post! I've been busy with midterms this week, so sadly I haven't been able to work on this asteroid clone much. I've been able to do little stuff, like returning the game back to the game menu when it's over and adding a score system that works. Here's what it looks like now:

So this is theoretically after I destroy all the asteroids. For some reason the last image of the game blinks in-between the menu, not sure what's going on there. So it LOOKS like I'm almost done, but I actually have a lot to do still. One of them being the movement of the ship, which I just realized I have to redesign the whole movement method to get it moving right =(. I also watched a YouTube video of the real asteroids game, and the meteors are supposed to break into smaller pieces, then smaller pieces again. So......

To do before game is finished:
  • Redesign ship movement
  • Detect collision between ship and asteroid
  • Have meteors break into smaller pieces, twice
  • Recreate meteors once all are destroyed
  • Add a "Life" system
  • Fix bullet - meteor detection
And my goal is to finish all this by December 1st, 2010 :).


No comments:

Post a Comment