Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Font Problems

Alright so I haven't updated in a few days because I've been having trouble with displaying text with SFML. I ran into the common sf::String bug, so I tried loading a font to use from memory. That specific line always made my program crash =(. I searched through the forums and couldn't find a problem similar to mine, or so I thought. So I tried doing the other fix to the sf::String bug, which is to use static libraries. Since I had no clue what I was doing it obviously didn't fix it. While searching the forum though, many problems were linking the wrong libraries or not installing SFML correctly. So I went back and linked the Debug system library of SFML and it fixed the font problem! I even screamed when the program successfully ran without crashing


I know it looks like crap, but it's better than the blank white screen I've been seeing these past few days. This error took a lot longer than I expected, so I'm just going to make a small list of what needs to get done before this game is fully functional.
  • Finalize the start menu
  • End game after all meteors are destroyed
  • Add point system

No comments:

Post a Comment