Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I'm Back!

Its been a long week, and I haven't had a lot of time to work on this, so I'm so glad I actually accomplished something tonight. I decided the next thing to complete was the movement of the ship, which was trickier than I thought. I had to increase the acceleration of the ship when the thruster was activated, and then had to make it continue moving in that direction for a set time depending on how long the thruster was going for. I didn't finish all those things, but I did get the acceleration down, and it continues to move after the up key is released. So now when I press up, the ship starts moving. The longer I hold the up button, the faster the ship gets... and the ship never stops moving..... But now I'm getting a lot of vector errors =(. I'm going to complete the movement of the ship, then examine and fix the errors. Here's what the error looks like:


And a short term To-do list for ship movement:
  • Calculate a certain amount of time for ship to stop moving
  • Decrease acceleration as time goes on
  • Change ship direction change to not so sudden
I think I'm missing a few things but I'll discover them next time.

I had been feeling a little down whenever I thought about how much I hadn't gotten done this week. It made me feel like a failure. Maybe it was the push I needed to really sit down, clear my thoughts and think about what I had to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment